It’s not long until the party of the year so far! We are really looking forward to a fabulous night. For those of you joining us at the ball, please have a look through our menu and let us know if you would like the vegetarian option and if you have any allergy concerns. Thank you.
Contact Jo Eastwood by 9th February please! firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate not everyone can join us, but you might like to next time we organise a fundraising event? This gives you a flavour of the night that we’ve planned for After Umbrage guests.
Founder and Trustee of After Umbrage
The Menu for the Valentines Ball
Saturday 16th February, 2019
Duck and orange parfait with fig chutney
Moroccan Chickpea soup
Both served with crusty bread
Slow cooked steak and ale in rich red wine gravy with a puff pastry heart
Roasted butternut squash stuffed with mozzarella, sun blush tomatoes and butterbeans with a seeded top
Rich chocolate torte with cherry compote
Raspberry meringue kisses with berries and whipped cream
We would like to say a huge thank you to Rutland Gourmet for the delicious food and Adam Brookes at Willow Brook Bars for getting us even merrier!
Wine & Fizz Pre- Order
Order by 11th February and your wine will be ready and waiting on your table
£18.00 Chateau L’Ermitage Tradition Blanc, France.
A fruity and complex white from the South of France, a personal favourite!
£20 Mud House Sauvignon Blanc.
A crisp and vibrant palate with concentrated fruit flavours. Classic green bean and tropical fruits on the front palate meld perfectly with zesty grapefruit acidity giving the wine a juicy and refreshing finish.
£15.00 Merlot/Mourvedre Les Olivers.
A lusciously fruity red with warm spice, smooth, supple and full of character.
£18.00 Chateau L’Ermitage Tradition Rouge.
Rich, well balanced dark fruit flavours, dangerously drinkable!
£20.00 Trivento Reserve Malbec
A bright crimson red whose plum and raspberry aromas mingle elegantly with vanilla notes from the 6 months aged in French oak barrels.
£18.00 Chateau L’Ermitage Tradition Rose, France.
A gorgeous Rose with fresh intense flavours of strawberry and raspberry.
£20 Prosecco, Italia
A lively, refreshing wine full of bright citrus fruit flavours with background floral notes.
Please note, these are pre-order ONLY
£40 Moet & Chandon Imperial
The world’s most loved champagne.
£45 Veuve Clicquot
Drink to impress, this has won awards.
Some tremendous Auction Lots…
Thanks to the amazing generosity of some lovely people we have some fantastic lots to offer. These include…..
- An opportunity to sup champagne on a luxury sunseeker yacht whilst watching the brilliant Round the Island Race on 29th June. This is for up to eight people and it a truly brilliant day! Thank you Nick Moger https://www.wearemarmalade.co.uk
- A fabulous days racing at Southwell Race course with a reserved table in the Gold Seasons Restaurant -yours for the entirety of the day. This is for four lucky guests. Thank you Mark Clayton https://www.southwell-racecourse.co.uk
- An ace day with your Golf Course Fourball voucher at Southwell Racecourse
- Interior Design.Have the wonderful Sam Harper from the Rounded House in Oundle come and give some interior design advice on a room of your choice.
- Garden Design.A consultation to review your current garden area and discuss any ideas or changes you may be looking to achieve.Thank you Hannah Philips https://www.hpgardendesign.co.uk
- A beautiful piece from Dawson of Stamford. To be unveiled on the night. Remember boys its Valentines!!! http://www.dawsonofstamford.com
See you on Saturday 16th February.