If you’ve ever considered helping After Umbrage, now is the time to do it…
As a small charity, we rely solely on fundraising, donations and funding. Without that money, we can’t keep providing care for unpaid carers across the UK. If you’ve ever found yourself caring for a loved one, you’ll know how hard it is on your mental, physical and financial health. Which is why it’s so important to us to be able to keep offering free breaks for carers at Kingham Cottage!
Anyone who fundraises or donates £20+ to our charity will now receive an After Umbrage vest as our way of saying THANK YOU. That’s less than the cost of a takeaway, and in return you can wear the After Umbrage vest with pride!
We’ve put together a few fundraising ideas for you…
- An After Umbrage ramble! Get your friends and family together and go on a nice walk. Instead of stopping at the pub, why not take a picnic and collect a few quid from each person to donate to After Umbrage?
- A sponsored bike ride or sporty challenge. If you’re feeling sporty, take on a sponsored bike ride or run! We would love to send you a vest in advance if you’re doing a sporting challenge so do get in touch.
- Packed Lunch week. How much money do you spend on buying lunch during the week? Challenge yourself to a week (or how about a month) of food prep and take a packed lunch to work. Not only can you eat it outside and soak up the summer sunshine, but you’ll also save around £5 per day – which quickly adds up to a nice donation!
- Sports Day! Gather your friends and host an old school sports day. Good fun, and you’ll be raising money at the same time!
- Just donate. If you don’t have time to fundraise, why not just donate £20? Every penny goes so far with After Umbrage, and really makes a tangible difference to carers lives. Who knows, you might even be in need of a break yourself one day as so many of us are likely to take on a caring role within our lifetime.
We can’t wait to start sending out After Umbrage vests in the post, and spreading awareness of our free breaks for carers far and wide!